My favorite homemade cleaner
I'm a fan of making my own cleaners: I hate the way most store-bought cleaners smell, and to be honest, I am a little scared of what's in them. But before I get into my newest (and, I think, best) homemade cleaner, a quick rundown of the older ones:
- I use baking soda for every scrubbing job.
- I use a baking soda, borax, and cinnamon mix for cleaning the sink, toilet, and bathtub.
- I have a rubbing alcohol and vinegar solution for cleaning glass.
- I use a washing soda, borax, salt, and citric acid mix for the dishwasher.
- I have a vineagar, borax, and water solution I use as a general-purpose surface cleaner and spot carpet cleaner.
But now I think I've come up with the best general purpose cleaner yet. I use it to clean my whole house!
- 8 tablespoons club soda
- 4 tablespoons vodka (the cheap stuff: no sense wasting money on top shelf)
- the juice of 1/2 lime (reserve the peel)
- Combine the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add the lime peel.
- Pour into small glass container, such as a tumbler glass.
- Add 2-3 ice cubes.
- Repeat until you don't mind cleaning so much anymore.
I use this cleaner at least once a week, and it really keeps everything nice and shiny.
Note: For extra cleaning power, have sex first.