What's regular school like?
"Dad, could I go to regular school sometime, just to see what it's like?"
Hmmm, I figured she'd eventually ask about it, but I didn't think it'd be so soon. Oh well. I began formulating a list in my head of how it'd be different:
Well, if you were in regular school:
- You'd have to wake up early. About 2 hours earlier (or more) than you do now.
- You couldn't ask most of the questions you want to ask.
- You almost never get to choose what you learn about.
- You almost never get to choose what to do.
- You know how we do a few worksheets, then play and do fun stuff for the rest of the day? That would be the other way around.
- You couldn't watch Bill Nye, Nova, or How It's Made in the middle of the afternoon.
- You have to ask to go to the bathroom.
- We couldn't go to the zoo, park, museum, playground, or swimming pool whenever we want.
I started telling her these things.
I barely finished #2 before she was utterly and completely done with the whole idea.